Thursday, February 7

Girl Power Forever : Spice Girls - "Holler"



Alright for the handful of people that read this garbage I will confide in you that I actually really like the Spice Girls. They're music while your typical poppy bouncy top 40 nonsense just resonates within me. Maybe it was the subtle brainwashing they had implemented in their music, I can't tell but I don't really mind any of the Spice Girls' songs.

That being said if you were to play their "Stop" around me I would be inclined to do the silly dance they choreographed for the song. It was like the Teenage girl version of the Maccareena.

Why I picked Holler for my 'covenanted' Song of the Day is because of a myriad of reasons.

============================

1) I actually like this song

2) They released this after Geri (Ginger Spice) left the group and this was kind of like the "We don't need you bitch" song after her departure. Funnily enough this was the last we saw of them as the group disbanded after this Single.

2) The video is some kind of Elemental theme gypsy party where each Spice Girl represents one of the four elements reflective of their personalities. Mel B (Scary Spice) is Fire, Mel C (Sporty Spice) is Earth, Emma (Baby Spice) is Water and Victoria (Posh Spice) is Wind. Of course when all their powers combine they activate GIRL POWER and the weird glass pyramid shoots some kind of Friendship Forever Beam into Space.... It's Weird in a kitsch kind of way.

4) Near the end of the clip they're all sitting around a Holographic table as they summon hot guys to dance for them, the looks that Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) gives when she summons slick dancing Black Guy is just... well fantastic to say the least. She was really enjoying herself. Where as Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) summons a guy that pretty much looks like her Husband and her face changes from unimpressed to slightly less unimpressed.... What a bitch.

5) Because I know you haven't seen this damn song and you've been missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment