Monday, December 19

Really?

With Hollywood running out of ideas for movies these days they've been remaking and rebooting movie franchises left and right. In fact something like 27 major movie releases this year were sequels.

If that wasn't bad enough they've started what I hope isn't a trend of "re-imaging" old fairy tale stories. Two films of re-imagined fairy tales released this year were Red Riding Hood and Beastly, which of course were retelling of the Stories of Little Red Riding Hood and Beauty and the Beast.

Here are the Trailers for these abominations.





Now those movies... Sucked. I mean you could tell by the trailers that they weren't exactly cinematic masterpieces. Hell, Mary Kate Olsen looks like Kesha in that Beastly Trailer.

And this upcoming movie looks epic... But I don't really hold out much hope from pipping the trend of bad fairy tale remakes.



Alright, I don’t expect much from this but God damn this looks like a really good attempt at retelling Jack and the Beanstalk. I didn’t personally think I’d ever see a Jack and the Beanstalk movie with a decent Hollywood budget behind it in my life time.

Side note: That kid from About a Boy grew up and kind looks like Tom Cruise...

No comments:

Post a Comment