Friday, June 22

Weekly Round Up: Once you except Reality... it's Liberating


(Original Artwork: Opheliact

The Weekly Video Round Up is Back upon you cretins... Waste your day away watching what I deem to be the best from the Internet. We'll have to play a little bit of catch up for the past missing month.

Let's start off with something Deep:

Reality is Liberating:



==============

BATMAN: The Dark Knight Rises final Trailer



Well if you aren't excited for Chris Nolan's third instalment in the Dark Knight Batman franchise then you're clearly in the wrong place. Although I may argue that this trailer may reveal a little too much for my liking it won't stop the fact that I will probably see this movie on the Midnight Screening it first comes out.

==============

Julian Smith Made something new too:



He amuses me, that and he makes some damn catchy music.

==============

Old Spice - Jungle Wilderness



Old Spice has revisited an old commercial they ran on the internet from awhile back but this time added a commercial campaign to go along with it now. "The Scent of Courage" is the current zinger slogan, the last one was "I believe in my Smelf". I particularly liked that campaign.

==============

Monsters Inc 2: The Teaser



So it seems Monsters Inc 2 is going to be a prequel. I guess that makes sense considering the ending of Monsters Inc did kind of solve most of their problems. I would've hated to see something bad happen to their society built around making children laugh... It probably would've been really dark.

==============

Where the Hell is Matt 2012



This Internet Celebrity is back at it rehashing what made him special in the first place. Being white and awkward and revelling in your own nerdiness through dance.

=============

Behind the Scenes of a McDOnald's Photo Shoot



Well we all knew this to begin with... I mean seriously all those Big Macs you see on Television are made of Roof tiles and crate paper.

=============

Youtuhe Haiku Compilations





I don't exactly see why they're Haiku's, they aren't exactly in the 5,7,5 syllable poem outline but these are great and typical moments available all over the internet. Think of it as a channel randomiser for the internet.

=============

Fatherly Wisdom



Sage Advice given to us from the many great father figures on Television... A late Happy Father's Day to all.

=============

Chuck Norris the Movie



A few years late but still just as hilariously awesome, Chick Norris, The Movie.

=============

You are not Special



A disturbing and brutally honest graduation farewell speech given by this passionate and somewhat jaded educator. A part of me wishes that I was given a simular speech upon my completion of High School to better prepare me for the real world. But then again High school could only do so much.

=============

Floating Drive Thru Cup



Because magic parlour tricks on unsuspecting Drive Thru cashiers is somewhat mysteriously amusing. The response that one manager gives as he calls the magicaian a demon then calmly shuts the window had me in stitches.

=============

Tim Burton Filmography by Martin Woutisseth

Tim Burton - a filmography from Martin Woutisseth on Vimeo.


Just a nice recap of Tim Burton's Hits and Misses. I completely forgot that he did the Michael Keaton Batman... I also forgot he did Big Fish.

=============

Joel McHale Prometheus David Parody



No words needed, Joel McHale is hilarious... Watch the Soup.

=============

Skateboarder hit by Truck



All I can say is... OWNED. I haven't said that in a while but the sheer physical reaction I felt when his guy collided into a truck was remarkable. I actually yelled in pain at my computer... That's Rare.

=============

Darth L Jackson



James Earl Jones replaced with Samuel L Jackson? Well it isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen to the franchise, hell it wouldn't even be the worst thing changed about Darth Vader at this point in time.

=============

Aperture Lab Rat



Another great short film about Valve's wonderful Portal universe.

=============

Pass me a Beer



Ever since those guys from NeverHide did those trick Sunglass throws for Rayban these novelty trick shot videos have been a staple of the internet. With quite possibly the manliest manifestation of the film trend, we now have beer can trick shots.

=============

Shake Weight Prank



No... You have a dirty mind. But seriously, I'm surprised it took this long for this video to be made. We all came to this conclusion upon learning about the Shake weight.

=============

Dick Figures Movie Kickstarter Project



Dick Figure's Kickstarter

Give them your damn Money, NOW

=============

Diddy Kong Country



We all liked Playing as Diddy Kong regardless... He came with a Jetpack and did Cartwheels.

=============

Deus Ex Retrospective - Rageaholic



The Rageaholic Razorfist, a brash word smith takes a look back on one of the most influential game titles of all time. Deus Ex, although I have yet to play Invisible War I guess I could give it some slack when weighting in Razorfist's arguments are mediocrity in gaming.

=============

Gary Oldman Actors against acting Athletes



Well he does have a point, there aren't that many great athletes turned actors... Look at Shaq's movie Kazaam. DON'T EVEN TRY TO BRING UP SPACE JAM!

=============

Pre- Mortem One Liners



To round out this Weekly, Here is the best Super cut of all those bad ass lines in cinema just as someone gets killed. A great collection and nice trip down memory lane... back when Arnold Schwarzenegger was a legitimate A List movie star.

No comments:

Post a Comment