Monday, August 6

Song of the Day: "Dancing Queen" - Jimmy Barnes



A while ago I was given a lift to a party by my friend Road Warrior Antony. He had this amazing compilation CD of Triple M's Musical Challenges. The CD was essentially Andrew Denton getting musicians on his morning radio show to cover songs from a different genre of music.

I will NEVER forget hearing Jimmy Barnes covering ABBA's Dancing Queen. He took this feel good disco dance tune about a young and free spirited woman and turned it into this heart pub rock anthem. Jimmy Barnes has a freaking manly voice, Just powerful vocals.

I've now taken to the idea of singing Dancing Queen at Karaoke, but done in a manly fashion like Jimmy Barnes. There is something oh so satisfying about screaming "YOU CAN DANCE, YOU CAN JIVE, HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE" in the gruffest and manliest voice I can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment