Monday, February 4

SotD: "Sleepless" - Flume



Flume is the hottest young DJ in Australia at the moment. He had 4 songs rank in the Triple J hottest 100 and he's a Sydney Sider like me too. Even more strange is the fact that I've seen that guy around, I went to school with him.

Trust me I didn't know I had until someone pointed it out to me and then I had to make sure so I went on to Facebook to find out. After doing so he did go to the same school and then I recognised his face. I didn't know him all that well but I do have stories on him because he use to hang out with other people in his year that I know too. But I'm not here to gossip on whatever dumb shit he got up to while he was Teenager.

We were all dumb reckless teenagers once, some of us still choose to act that way because growing up sucks.

Anyway I'm happy for Harley, his track Sleepless is fucking wonderful. He doesn't me touting his skills, everyone already knows he's a pretty good electro-glitch-pop DJ, whatever you wanna call this genre of electronic music, there seems to be a label for all kinds of different electronic dance music these days. All I know is that I like it and I get sent into some kind of primal dance state whenever I hear this song.

Although it is weird to say I went to school with a famous person, it feels like I'm trying to look cool by using their success and indie cred.

Oh that's right I'm on the internet, For all you know, I could be lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment