Sunday, March 25

Ugh, Why are you here?



Oh Blogger, the most frequently visited page on my internet browser history is my Blogger dashboard. I forget the reason I even update this thing, I guess its to keep me busy or otherwise I'd spend every waking hour of my day playing video games and thinking of terrible jokes. But I guess this is a healthy habit to have... it could be worse, I could have a crippling drug addiction... or watch Glee.

Usually I try to write about interesting things, at first I would think of stories I'd like to write about but then it just digressed into me just rambling on about silly topics. I still have a Batman entry on the edit page and all that entry is is a critical yet sarcastic analysis of Batman... WHO WOULD WANT TO READ THAT?

I often wonder about what I should focus on writing about. Trending topics of interest that fall in and out of the spotlight like most internet trends and memes. Maybe develop a routine column tag like a weekly top ten list on viral videos or just a continuing topic of discussion like smoking or drinking and looking at various subcultures within those activities. Or maybe I should do reviews on films, books, television shows or video games. I honestly don't know what I should be writing about but I want to think that what I write is important to someone, not just me.

Maybe its this great dulsion that I'm constantly chasing that I will one day write something meaningful and amazing that will change a person's life or that I may be able to hone my writing into a fine work of art. I'm not even sure what my writing goals are at the moment. Try and become a recognised internet journalist? (The title itself just sounds like a joke). Maybe become a published author, yet I haven't even figured out what I'd write a book about. Frankly I just like to babble on about nothing important.

There is an old tip amoungst writers that if you can't think of anything just write something, anything. Think of the worst idea you and just run with it. Just let it out and after you've written that awful piece of trash and you still can't think of anything better to write about, write another piece of garbage until you get that one amazing idea. Recently I was sitting on the bus thinking of a short story to write about and I came up with a 7 Year old that goes to bed every night and dreams about being a Space Cowboy in his Rocket ship bed fighting aliens in space with his toy blaster and pet iguana Bristol Toffypot, a regal space commander with a think British Accent... who is also an Iguana. I should actually take a crack at writing that but knowing me I'll probably write a stupid entry about public displays of affection or some other meaningless topic like that.

God I hate my blog myself.

1 comment:

  1. Its so great to see another person's creativity and perspective on things - that's why I'm here! :P

    ReplyDelete