Wednesday, October 17

Mix of the Week: "Get 'em High for this" - Kanye West vs. Ellie G



I know I can be rather spotty with my Mixes of the week but this one is up there with "Something about the Fire" for my favourite mix of the year.

Combine an old Kanye track from his debut album about smoking weed and a Weeknd cover by talented British song bird Ellie Goulding and you have this absolutely magnetic track. Stoners and Potheads alike would bob their heads melodically along to this well composed mix.

It's just beautiful.

I'm going to have to rush this entry but Ellie's whaling harmony to Yeezy's rhymes really seem to compliment each other well. I guess both tracks were brilliant on their own and together they seem to create something truly special.

That's why "Get 'em High for this" is my Mix of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment