Friday, November 4

Looking Back on Things and Why... "Heroes"



Remember MySpace? Well I remember I use to be able to just put up little arty photos instead of a wall of text and I put those 5 "People" as my Heroes. Dear Lord that's embarassing, some of these selections anyway...

Art Alexakis
Everclear, Holy shit did I love Everclear. They're my favourite Band of all Time and I'll never be able to see them in my stupid country. Back in 1992 when they were riding their global fame around the World and they had the Worst Crowd ever in Queensland where the Band almost broke up for good because they were such assholes. Anyway I loved their music, their sound and how they'd teach little life lessons in a cheery way.



They're like a bunch of happy German performance artists that teach children life's dark secrets.

Anyway Art was the Dude that wrote and sang the music so yeah, he was the one to look up to. A honest musician with great personal stories within his music. Honestly I probably would've meet my wife at an Everclear concert, lord knows I would've gone to every one by now if they had ever come back to Australia. Oh well... You've taken this away from my Queensland.... I hate you.

I guess that's why I loved that movie Loser from the 90s and why I feel in love with Mena Suvari... She was an Everclear Girl... and she was also Mena Suvari.

========================================

Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins

Now these guys have Amazing Careers, they're two Web Comic Artists, well I think one writes it and the other one illustrates it. I'm not sure about the dynamic anymore I'm just jealous of what they accomplished. They run one of the biggest and most successful web comics on the internet and they based it on their own lives as gamers using characters that looks nothing like their real selfs.

That's Bloody Amazing to me how that works. Oh just for the record, their Webcomic is Penny Arcade if you didn't know... But you may aswell just leave for not recognising the characters alone.

========================================

Spiderman


It's Fucking Spiderman.... Spiderman is Fucking Awesome.

The normal everyday sort of teenager with normal kind of problems and the best thing, in the comics you grow alongside with him. He finished High School, went to College, Spiderman is Awesome.

>========================================

Gus Hansen

Holy shit was this guy an amazing Poker Player. Gus Hansen was a freak of fucking nature Poker Player. He played everything but he was UNREABLADE. Do you have any idea how awful it is trying to read Gus Hansen? Its near impossible to know what he could possibly have.

He's also one of those Poker Geniuses that knows the game inside out, all the math behind each an every kind of card match up. It's a very very psychological game and Gus Hansen is one of the Best.

========================================

Tim Buckley

He made CAD and I honestly thought that comic was Awesome. In hindsight it wasn't a very smart or clever comic but one thing it was, was consistant and kept to it's update schudle of 4 comics a week. Tim just kept pushing out content and people loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment