Saturday, September 24

Being Con-ventional



My my Dragon Con looks like a ton of fun, look at those cos-players, some of those outfits were just crazy! I was considering saving up to go to Comic-Con next year but Dragon-Con looks like the place to go if you're into Cosplay.

Did I mention I went to Animania last weekend? Was a weird yet awesome experience, saw some great costumes, bought some cool stuff and witnessed some real interesting things... Like a Persona 4 Live Skit. (Which is honestly something I thought I'd never see in my lifetime)

Conventions these days are basically an excuse to wear that ridiculous costume you bought for Halloween years ago again. Or if you're really deprived of attention, you go out of your way to make a ridiculously ostentatious lifelike replica of your favourite video game, comic book, anime or cartoon character.

Quite frankly, being a big attention whore like myself I LOOOOOVE conventions. I love the booths, I love the costumes, I love the obscure merchandise that are sold and I love the people there. Just a massive collection of like minded nerds that come together and celebrate their nerdy devotion with other like minded peers. Its a wonderful feeling of freedom dressing like a jerk and bonding immediately with complete strangers over it.

People are all smiles and go up and take photos with one another. Its Awesome. I honestly want to go to Dragon-Con or Comic-Con that much more now, especially since I went to Animania dressed as Justice from Afro Samurai.



Look at that Attention Whore Go. On a side note I'm pretty sure I was black listed from the Dance Floor after I decided it would be awesome to throw my prop toy guns into the air without considering who or where they would land on...

Yep... Asshole

No comments:

Post a Comment