Saturday, September 24

Coffee: The Wonder Drug

Now I've always been very wary of Coffee, I'm a very energetic person and usually tire people out with my natural hyperactivity. So I've always denied myself the pleasures of a casual coffee drinking lifestyle. I've had a coffee here and there, now that I think about it I've probably only ever had like 20 or so cups of Coffee in my lifetime. Usually I drink Tea or Milo. (Yeah so what I drink Milo? Come at me Bro!)

But I've been hearing about all these health benefits about drinking Coffee, sure I've heard all the great health benefits associated with drinking Tea but looking at it now I think I've had it all wrong.



Alright the important information I got from that video made by the Awesome C.G.P Grey is that Coffee.

- Increase Concentration
- Decrease Fatigue
- Increase Memory

THAT'S WAY BETTER THAN TEA!

Even though you may develop a physical addiction to Caffeine, it realises Dopamine and boosts your Brain Power. So the usual grumpy withdrawal heavy coffee drinkers get is actually considered normal behaviour... Considering Caffeine is a easily obtainable drug. Its not just in Coffee, it's even in Soft Drinks like Coke-a-Cola and Mountain Dew.

Although with the boosted concentration and blood flow, there have been urban legends of people over dosing on Coffee. As mentioned in the video you'd need to drink a whole lot of coffee to even get a reasonable chance of over dosing on the stuff. However that does remind me of one of my favourite short films called 60 cups of coffee.



As brilliant as that short film is, I still hold the Futurama episode "Three Hundred Big Boys" as the true measurement of coffee over-consumption. The episode had a simple subplot where Fry would attempt to drink 100 Cups of Coffee in One Day.



I honestly love Futurama, if I was a better writer or just smarter in general I'd be writing story arcs for that show... They'd probably get rejected because the current writers on the show now are freaking geniuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment