Sunday, September 11

Sage Advice....


I look at the Midnight Channel and I see what I tried to do and how I didn't feel like I accomplished what I wanted. I didn't get a whole lot of attention and the writing itself was just bad, Just bad writing. It wasn't particularly interesting or clever, it was just posts about interesting people on the internet doing interesting things. None of it was my work and none of it felt like it had a purpose. I was just pushing out boring posts and praising the amazingly talented and creative people I posted about. It looked nice but it was empty... Kinda like a Ming Vase, its was aesthetically pleasing in blog form but it's empty on the inside, content wise.

I don't really have big plans for this blog, I just post about things I like or something interesting or cool on the internet, but I hope it serves as a creative writing outlet. A Place where I can come and just let my mind go and see what I come up with rather then just a place I go to write down whenever I come up with a "Good Idea". Or whatever I think a Good idea is at the time.

I guess it is a good thing that I "deactivated" my facebook. I know I'll eventually go back to the Internet Social Circle eventually but its a nice little internet vacation away I'm having from my Cyber Friends. Although I do wonder if I am actually missed but them, I did post a lot of nonsense on my facebook. I'm sure people saw most of my posts and status updates as cyber pollution but I like to think somebody... somewhere, got something out of my nonsense.

Its sad to think I'm searching for that kind of validation in the first place... Sigh

Anyway, this video was something that just came along and hit me for 6, I really needed to see it to just tell me to keep trying. Don't give up, sure what you're putting out now my seem disappointing and underwhelming but if you fight on you'll eventually "close the gap".

Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment